Friday 9 December 2011

Toilet Scene Furniture - Sink

I felt that with the toilet sink that I would need help so I got a blueprint from: http://www.123rf.com/photo_7232320_blueprint-bathroom-fixtures.html. I set the planes up and applied the image to them. I created a box shape with width, height and length segments and converted to an editable poly. I then selected a few polygons in the top view leaving an even edge around the outside, then extruded and beveled these polygons.


Next I applied a turbosmooth modifier with 2 iterations and this is the outcome.


Next I created another box for which would be the sink stand. I moved it into place.

I then enlarged so it matched the blueprint and would attach to the bottom of the sink.

I then converted the box to an editable poly and changed the vertices positions so that it matched the blueprint.

I then attached the stand to the sink and went about creating the taps. For this I created a cylinder and cloned it twice. I rotated the other cylinders so that I had an equal t shape. I then converted this to an editable poly and selected the end faced polygons. These were then beveled to give the taps some shape.


Next I turbosmoothed it with two iterations, and cloned so I had two taps. Next I used the blueprint to make the tap hose. I went to the right viewport and used a line spline and drew around the outline. Next I converted this to an editable poly and applied a turbosmooth with two iterations. This didn't work so I applied a symmetry modifier and mirrored in the y axis. This was then moved so that it was an equal tap hose. I then applied a grey shiny material to the tap and taps.


I selected the top polygons on both taps and made one material red the other blue to represent hot and cold. Below is a rendered version of my sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment