Friday 9 December 2011

Toilet Animation

This section is my 4th and 5th scenes. It is where we skip over to the otherside of the Guildhall and enter from the other staircase to the toilet facilities. The first part is a person walking up and looking at all three available toilets. The next then does a slice to show what facilities are in the toilet.

First I merged the doors I created and added the toilet signs to them, I also took the animation sequence off for this stage as I don't them for this scene. I also imported my sofa that I created and put that in position. I again created a line which I converted to a path constraint. I attached a free camera to this to be the person from their eye level. The scene was dark so again I included direct and spot lights to the scene.

Now that the scene had been created for the build up, I could create the next scen which would be the box slice. I first merged all my toilet objects and set them up in the correct layout. I made the cubicals in this part as I found it easier to get the correct sizes. I also added more lights to the scene as again it was dark. I used the same settings for the lights as I had for the kitchen animation.

For the slice I made sure that I selected the wall and attached the doors to this, so when the wall was sliced they would also. I then went to the modifier list and selected slice. I opened up the slice modifier and clicked slice plane and selected remove bottom.

Now that slice was in place I could align with the wall. First I had to rotate the slice so that it was in the y axis and infront of the wall. With autokey selected and in the first scene I put the plane in position, and on the 250th frame moved the slice in the x axis to the end of the building. This would provide the slice I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment