Thursday 8 December 2011

First Scene Furniture - Kitchen - Oven

For my kitchen oven I started with a box model using standard primitives.

I then cloned this and made a second box with this but smaller. I then brought this closer to the front which would give the impression of a oven door. This was then converted to an editable poly. I then applied a transparent material with the help of raytrace and transparancy to help the door look see through. I selected the top viewport and selected the middle polygons leaving an even edge so I could create the hob. I then beveled these polygons and this was the outcome.

For the hob pads I created a cone using the standard primitives and applied 10 sides to this. I made the cone bigger at the bottom and smaller on top to resemble a pad.

I then cloned this pad a further three times.


I then moved the pads into postion ontop of the hob and used the handles I created from the kitchen cupboards on the oven door but increased the size of it.

Below is a screenshot of the materials used and what the glass looked like for the oven door.

I then decided to created the dials for the cooker, I used the original hob pad and cloned it. I then rotated and made the pad smaller to resemble a button/dial. I then cloned this 6 times. For both the pads and dials I applied a turbosmooth modifier with 2 iterations.

No comments:

Post a Comment