Thursday 8 December 2011

Added extras to door

For my doors I had not created a handle so I went about this by simply making a box model using the standard primitives and converting to an editable poly. From here I then extruded some polygons to produce a c shape. I then extruded the top and bottom polygons so that it would give the handle something to connect to the door with. I then turbosmoothed this and gave it two iterations. I then clicked on my door and attached the handle to it. I applied the same material to the handle as I did for my hinges.

For one of my scenes I would be displaying the toilets so I felt it was best if I produced signs for the doors illustrating what toilet was for whom. I simply created a circle using the spline tool and converted this to an editable poly. I then extruded the front face and this made a 3D shape. I then applied a grey material to this. By selecting the front polygon allowed me to attach a bitmap image of toilet signs to it. I created a multi/ sub-object material and applied three IDs. I then cloned the original circular shape three times. I then changed the ID of the faced polygons on each three. I then attached a bitmap image coresponding to the appropriate ID for each door.


This is where I found my images for my toilet signs: http://customisedsigns.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=163


No comments:

Post a Comment