Friday 9 December 2011

Kitchen Animation

This animation uses the first two scenes where the camera will go up the staircase and go into the kitchen and provide a 360.

First I added the created models for the kitchen by merging the files, I then created the layout of the kitchen to which I was happy with. I also added the doors that I had created and took off the animation for the door that leads to the guildhall room. I left the animation on for the kitchen door and used autokey to edit the ranges. I then set the project up to render at HDTV (video) 1280x720, at 25fps. From here I added a camera and a line which would be my path constraint. I then attached the camera to this path and made the camera follow asif a person was walking through.


I then done a few render shots and found that the kitchen and walkthrough were very dark. I introduced the use of both target direct and spot lights and edited the hotspot to 45 and falloff to 150. I also changed the multiplier to 0.5. This provided a nice soft light that allowed the scene to be seen clearer.


Now I was happy with how the shot looked I edited the line (path) so that it was less jaged and smoother. I done this by chamfering the edges of the line. I also included a circle and another camera. This time I used a target camera and set the target to the circle path. This would provide me with my 360 effect.

Below is a shot of how my shot looked from a camera view.


I used the autokey to allow me to manipulate timings for the door opening when using the hinges and to change the angle of the camera at certain times of the production.

No comments:

Post a Comment